Java Developer Senior
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Java Developer Senior to begin an exciting and challenging career with our large Enterprise Application Support Program to support one of our project delivery teams.
- Design and implement microservices using the Spring framework
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, VS Code, and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field with 9+ years of technical experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust in which requires US Citizenship
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud providers)
- Development of microservices using Spring. Primarily Spring Boot
- Experience wiring up code to perform highly efficient CRUD operations on DBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB with JDBC, JPA, Hibernate etc.
- Developing and debugging complex SQL queries
- Some experience and familiarity with Unix, Linux systems and commands along with some shell scripting
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Thorough understanding of developing scalable web applications - infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Ability to lead and mentor junior level developers
- Experience working on an agile team such as Scrum
- Experience writing code to interact with AWS services (e.g., S3, SQS, Lambda, Elasticache, MongoDB etc)
- Docker, Konvoy, Kubernetes
- Jenkins, Gitlab, Monitoring Tools
- Masters in Computer Science or related field is a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.