Senior Cloud Engineer
SAIC is looking is looking for a self-directed and motivated individual as a Senior Cloud Engineer to support the Joint Tactical Networking Center in San Diego, CA.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cloud computing, virtualization, and network administration. They will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of security best practices and be able to manage complex projects.
- Design and implement cloud-based infrastructure solutions based on industry best practices and client requirements.
- Manage and optimize cloud-based resources to ensure optimal performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage and maintain Linux-based servers, including patching, security, and performance optimization.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of applications running on the cloud.
- Work closely with the Power Apps Development Team to assist with integrating required resources between Azure subscriptions and Power Platform environments.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues related to cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Implement and maintain cloud security controls to harden the tenant/subscription and maintain compliance with established regulations.
- Monitor and report on cloud infrastructure usage, performance, and availability.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth integration of cloud infrastructure with existing systems.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies in cloud computing and recommend improvements to our cloud infrastructure and processes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field and five (5) years or more experience. Additional years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Approved DoD 8570.01-Manual Baseline Certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ CE).
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104, AZ-305).
- Proven experience as a Cloud Engineer, Architect, Administrator, or similar role familiar with designing, planning, and managing an organization's cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
- Experience in a wide variety of web and open-source software applications.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and services such as TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology and test-driven development and the DevSecOps approach to the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC).
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- US citizen and either have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems and command-line interface.
- Experience with SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI.
- Experience as a Cloud Program Manager, working with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that cloud projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet business requirements.
- Experience as a Project Management Professional (PMP), planning projects, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, quality management, stakeholder management, and team management.
- Experience with the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Platform.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience leading cloud migration efforts for Federal Customers like the Department of Defense (DoD) (e.g., Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps).
- Experience working with the Federal Government or DoD.
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.