Big Data Engineer
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development deployment, targeting intelligence analysis, systems engineering integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC is seeking a Big Data Engineer to support a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting the development of new IT tools and capabilities. In this role, you will work closely with government customers and IT developers to validate customer requirements; establish the required data environments; serve as the data visualization subject matter expert; create and translate trend analyses, and facilitate stakeholder decision-making.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a depth of experience in data science and large data sets, to include demonstrated experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, SQL), statistical programs (e.g. R and MS Excel), and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikView)
- Have experience working in agile and DevOps environments
- Be forward-leaning, recommending necessary improvements to achieve the customer’s vision.
- Establishing the system environment for large data sets, considering aspects such as data capture, storage, extraction, process and analysis
- Using data visualization tools to create roadmaps, placemats and process flows; and creatively displaying data to facilitate customer decision-making processes
- Applying data wrangling and exploration techniques
- Manipulating data to gather insights from large structured and unstructured data sets and developing trend analyses
- Developing algorithms to facilitate data analysis, support identification of data errors, and developing pattern analysis from multiple disparate data sources
- Providing input on software implementation for analytics
- Validating customer requirements and determining feasibility of solutions and alternative options
- Contributing to and collaborating on executive-level briefings
- Solving complex problems through creative and effective solutions; identifying areas of improvement; and making recommendations to realize the customer’s vision
- Active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience within an IC Agency, preferably ODNI
- Extensive experience as a data scientist, to include working with large data sets, cleaning and manipulating data, developing trend analyses, having knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts.
- Degree in a mathematical or scientific field; must have a strong command of statistics and computer science
- Experience with data aggregation and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikView)
- Experience with programming languages and statistical programs (Python, R Programming, SQL) data manipulation and applying algorithms
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Excel
- Experience with data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL)
- Knowledge of data wrangling and data exploration
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience working with IT development projects
- Experience working with MongoDB and MySQL
- Deep understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence for logical applications and techniques
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced mission environment which requires balancing competing priorities and schedules
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.