Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance is a world-class, global company, focused on being the world's best running brand and a top athletic brand. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values, and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today. Our goal is to deliver best-in-class customer experiences across all channels using modern technologies.
We are actively seeking a skilled and motivated developer to join one of our development teams. The application development team is responsible for connecting systems in real-time across the globe. We are looking for candidates that are experienced back-end developers with some knowledge of front-end technology. At New Balance, we seek active learners who love to use modern technology to solve challenging problems. You will be working with the latest technologies and frameworks and work together with the rest of the team to push New Balance as an innovator for years to come.
- Design and develop business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure.
- Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews.
- Champion culture of good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, resiliency, and documentation practices.
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations, and support).
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Mentor and coach other developers and able to collaborate with offshore teams while leading technology direction and improving codebase.
- Update management team on overall project, risks, and technology issues and propose suitable alternatives.
- Provide assessments and recommendations on the design of ecommerce systems, while integrating components built by developers and ensuring architectural integrity of the system.
- Support team specific on-call rotation needs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in web development across all parts of a technology stack.
- E-Commerce development experience, especially within Salesforce Commerce Cloud, is a plus
- Expertise and hands-on experience with back-end programming language - C# , .NET/.NET Core is a plus.
- Proficiency with cloud-based software architectures/systems.
- Must be proficient in integrating with REST and SOAP web services
- Basic knowledge of web security and building applications that do not expose sensitive data
- Proficient in writing unit/integration tests and developing applications using a Test-Driven Development approach
- Excellent communicator and ability to work as a team to accomplish a task
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure high-quality and maintainable code is produced
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Regular Associate Benefits
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Temporary associates are provided three options for medical insurance as well as dental and vision insurance and an associate discount.
Part time associates are provided 401k, short term disability, a yearly $300 lifestyle reimbursement and an associate discount.
Flexible Work Schedule
For decades we have fostered a unique culture founded on our values with a particular focus on in-person teamwork and collaboration. Our North American hybrid model encourages rich in-person experiences, showcasing our commitment to teamwork and connection, while maintaining flexibility for associates. New Balance Associates currently work in office three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Our offices are fully open, and amenities are available across our North American office locations. To continue our focus on hybrid work we have introduced “Work from Anywhere” (WFA) for four weeks per calendar year. This model will help us enhance our culture while continuing to maintain elements of flexibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.