Lead Software Engineer - Hybrid (Req. #560)
Founded in 1994, Mindex is a software development company with a rich history of demonstrated software and product development success. Our three divisions – Cloud, SchoolTool, and Software Development – are all rapidly growing, and our employee base is close to 400. We are ranked the #1 Software Developer in the 2023 RBJ’s Book of Lists, the Best Software Developer in the RBJ’s 2022 Reader Rankings, and a 2022 Certified Great Place to Work.
Mindex’s SchoolTool division is our K-12 student management system (SMS) for New York State school districts, built from the ground up. Our team is involved in the full lifecycle of this product, including sales, training, support, and maintenance.
We seek a Lead Software Engineer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the solutions defined within the scope of work meets the customer requirements and aligns with organizational goals.
- Responsible for the solutions developed by a team of engineers to support the defined business needs.
- Determines the scope and methodology agreed-upon with Engineering Lead (Test) for testing requirements.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings with other teams to determine dependencies and blocks to ensure effective and efficient implementation of solutions.
- Provides ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements for new and existing systems and platforms.
- Triages bugs and works with senior engineers to develop solutions to fix and address customer concerns.
- Investigates new technologies, processes, and best practices including security and privacy where relevant. Understands the importance of software security and actively looks for security vulnerabilities.
- Owns and executes annual quarterly departmental OKRs and initiatives.
- Provides technical leadership to approximately five software engineers with varying skill levels. Helps define what skills the team requires and contributes as a talent multiplier to motivate the team to excel and perform.
- Mentors software engineers and coaches others to promote communication and emotional maturity.
- Gives feedback on a regular basis via structured coaching one-on-ones to facilitate personal and professional growth. Provides feedback on performance during the annual performance appraisal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Five to 10+ years of extensive software development experience in Microsoft .NET and C#, including experience building and consuming RESTful API’s for web services
- Extensive knowledge of .NET Core, Web API, and ASP.NET MVC
- Working knowledge of common software design principles such Unit of Work and IoC
- Experience with Postman, XUnit, profilers, continuous integration, and GIT
- Experience building with AWS Technologies such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, and implementing observability
- Extensive knowledge of database design, SQL proficiency, performance optimization, and troubleshooting
- Experience creating and maintaining DynamoDb tables that meet high scalability and performance requirements
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience building Azure Build and Release Pipelines
- Experience developing CloudFormation templates
- Blazor experience a plus
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401k retirement savings plan and company match with pre-tax and ROTH options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Life insurance and ADD insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and legal assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Domestic partner coverage
- Tickets to local sporting events
- Teambuilding events
- Holiday and celebration parties
- Leadership training
- License to Udemy online training courses
- Growth opportunities
The salary range for this role is $105,000 - $155,000 and represents the lowest to highest salary we, in good faith, believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting.