Sr. Infrastructure Engineer - Power Platform
Disney Enterprise Technology is responsible for technology strategy, management, centralized engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company including virtual worlds, flagship web sites Disney.com, DisneyFamily.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. Enterprise Technology provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management Systems, UGC Enforcement Platform, E-commerce, Video Distribution Technology, Registration, Advertising Systems and Data Warehouse Reporting.
Enterprise Technology Digital Experience teams focus on delivering global world-class workplace productivity, messaging and collaboration services, Connected Workspaces to enable virtual meetings, office automation and user-facing systems such as desktop and mobility endpoint services, including remote access and managed print services. Digital Experience teams are primarily located in Orlando, Glendale, and Seattle. This specific role focuses on the technology leadership and management of the build and integration functions of enterprise-wide Messaging and Collaboration services at The Walt Disney Company.
Responsible for evaluation, engineering, integration, and sustainment of Digital Experience (DX) solutions across the enterprise as a key contributor on the DX Engineering team. Coordinates / leads the deliverables for technical design, integration, and implementation of Workplace Services projects and services. This role is expected to provide technical leadership and is responsible for the design, build, configuration, and documentation of new and upgraded DX applications and platforms.
Defines / maintains all aspects of the engineering process including service / product technical evaluation process, lab testing, and service solution design. Works closely with the leader of DX Engineering to ensure alignment with Enterprise Technology strategies. This specific role related to the design and integration of PowerBI and Power Platform services. Potential candidates must have a security-first mindset, including experience with designing, maintaining, and optimizing permission models, on-premises data gateways, custom connectors for both structured and unstructured services and working knowledge of several scripting language (M, Power FX, Powershell, etc).
Oversees and coordinates project timelines for solution engineering activities and Disney resources to ensure requirements are understood, dependencies are defined, evaluation process are developed to business requirements, and the engineered solution is documented and refined to be developed into a future offering. This includes closely coordinating with other teams who are responsible supporting a service and in particular supplier teams. Ensures a high level of satisfaction with engineered services.
Recommend and implement solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency of solution architecture and engineering services to further enhance support capabilities, documentation, and reporting
Develops and delivers the solution engineering analysis and design for DX products and services. This includes:
- Communicating, project tracking, and status reporting / dashboard to leadership.
- Evaluates capabilities of services / products and designs solutions to deliver future service offering through detailed technical analysis.
- Defines engineered designs, including full documentation
- Follows structured methodologies for technical analysis of products and solutions.
- Establishes close relationships with vendor and supplier partners
- Maintains strong knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Works closely with DX Architects and Service Managers to define service roadmap
- Conducts regular planning sessions with Enterprise Technology DX Service Line Management and DX Architecture team, to develop project roadmap for assigned solution / engineering designs.
- Oversees the definition and update of functional requirements and includes in engineering analysis
- Key contributor for the definition and documentation of processes and procedures for engineering services based on DX architectural frameworks
- Develops and maintains a capacity and performance forecast in partnership with Operational resources
Project Oversight and Coordination
- Oversees projects and ensures a standard methodology is used to meet budget, scope, and schedule goals
- Ensures that overall project coordination, milestones, and deliverables are met
- Coordinates Disney project resources and assignments
- Oversees project change management approvals
- Reviews and validates project cost estimates and status reports
- Reviews Disney Project Authorization Request’s (PAR) to assess technical impact of services
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Technology, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an IT related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and integrating enterprise-level highly effective PowerBI applications and Power Platform solutions.
- 7+ years of demonstrated software, dashboard, and report design with a passion for having “data tell the story”
- 5+ years of experience engineering, designing, and integrating organization-wide controls/settings for Power BI and Power Platform
- 3+ years of experience in project management of large IT initiatives
- 3+ years of experience working with and directing suppliers in an outsourced environment
- Experience deploying Power Platform Center of Excellence (CoE) and ALM accelerator.
- In-depth experience using various scripting languages such as M, Power FX, and Powershell.
- Working knowledge to build and maintain model-driven apps
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Executive levels
- Strong customer skills
- Strong technical analysis and engineering skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and provide coordination across matrixed virtual teams and organizations
- Ability to analyze complex business/technical data and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to focus align teams around critical initiatives
Microsoft MCA/MCE Certification
Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
The hiring range for this position in California is $136,038.00 - $182,49.00 per year and in Washington is $142,516.00 - $191,180.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.