Power Platform SharePoint Developer
Benefits At A Glance:
- City-subsidized Medical and Dental Insurance with a variety of plan options;
- City-paid Basic Life Insurance @ 1x your annual salary and Long-term Disability;
- Voluntary Vision, Supplemental Life Coverage (for you and your family), Aflac indemnity plans such as Accident, Cancer, Hospitalization and Critical Illness, Short Term Disability and pre-paid legal benefits through Legal Shield;
- 9 paid holidays and up to 3 floating holidays to use at your discretion;
- A generous vacation package with accruals starting on day 1;
- Paid sick leave;
- A robust pension plan with TMRS includes your 7% contribution with 2:1 match by the City to set you up for a fulfilling retirement;
- You won’t contribute to Social Security, but you can further your retirement income by contributing to a Deferred Compensation (457b) plan;
- Longevity pay for each month of service after your first 13 months of employment;
- On-site Wellness facilities and programming (mind, body spirit financial preparedness); and
- Access to multiple mental health benefits and resources, including a robust EAP;
If we have your attention… Please. Continue. Reading!
About the City of Sugar Land
We are proud to have been named one of the Top 50 places to live in the United States by The Press of Atlantic City and the Top 25 Best Places to Live for Families by Fortune Magazine. We hire people based on their potential, not just their experience. We have an informal work environment but are serious about what we do. We believe that happy, diverse and talented employees add value to the City. We do our best to hire friendly, professional people who work hard and play well with others. We also promote a healthy work-life balance and personal development.
We are looking for someone who can provide high-level support to prevent project failure that could impact large amounts of data. Ask yourself: Do you enjoy problem-solving with a great team on a day-to-day basis? Are you willing to configure, mantain and manage SharePoint online architecture, support of Microsoft 365 Tenant and growing applications? Are you accountable and dependable? Can you manage your time well and prioritize multiple tasks effectively? If so, please consider applying for this Power Platform SharePoint Developer position today!
As a Power Platform SharePoint Developer, you will:
- Design and develop complex programs and solutions in the Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) based on analysis of user requirements.
- Testing the customizations that have been implemented to existing and new systems and troubleshooting the user-specific and systems-specific issues. Documenting the technical aspects of the existing system.
- Collaborate with the internal departments to gather requirements for process improvements and provide corresponding solutions to streamline the business process.
- Responsible for making an independent judgment to meet deadlines from each department.
- Review and recommend policy development to keep up with emerging industry trends.
- Continuous feedback from various levels of supervisors and stakeholders within the organization.
- Create in-house development platforms efficiently by following the current IT infrastructure architecture and leveraging applications for future projects.
- Design and conduct training for delivered office 365 applications.
- Maintain a proactive approach to end users to help them troubleshoot and navigate newly created systems.
- Requires professionalism and high-quality deliverables.
- Design and develop complex programs and systems integration based on user requests. Work with other departments to perform streamlined services.
- Develop OData queries to implement MS Power automate flows to automate several business processes in SharePoint Online
- Use SPFx web parts, extensions, libraries, and components to create custom user interfaces and experiences for SharePoint applications.
- Sets up content architecture in a current site structure, with emphasis on end-users being able to maintain their content themselves.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or equivalent from an accredited school or university required.
Related Work Experience:
- 3-6 years of experience in SharePoint Online and Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, Flow and Power BI)
- GCC Office 365 Environment experience preferred.
Training (License and/or Certification
- Valid Texas Class “C” Driver License.
- Data Analytics Certification preferred.
Our success is achieved by the courage to do things differently and accept that failure will occur on the path to innovation.
The City of Sugar Land is an equal opportunity employer.