Software Engineering Manager
On-site in Phoenix, Arizona
Contract (possible C2H)
US Citizens only
The Maxis Group is a staffing firm with exclusive clients located in Phoenix, AZ. We hire/contract the best of the best! We have have been working for our clients exclusively for over 10+ years and have direct client connections direct client manager relationships. We hire contract, Contract to Hire (CTH) and perm placements for numerous clients in AZ and throughout the US.
- This is a leadership position, managing a dev team, but this person needs to be okay with participating in hands-on development.
- MUST know either C#.NET or Java, as well as Azure.
- Start date: October 1st - scheduling interviews now.
- Sorry, no 3rd parties.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead the development team in a complex project of migrating applications to the cloud. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of software architecture, agile development, and testing strategies. They will also be familiar with the best practices for cloud migration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and milestones.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive migration strategy.
- Define and implement testing strategies.
- Identify and mitigate potential pitfalls and challenges.
- Monitor project progress and track key performance metrics.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, knowledge sharing, and innovation.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Be part of solutioning projects.
- Create and follow design documentation.
- Participate in hands-on development and code reviews.
- Lead the team in developing and documenting test plans.
- Utilize cloud-based tools and technologies.
- Understand the effect of iterative development and release management processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of software design principles
- Extensive experience with developing and enhancing applications in .NET/Java technologies
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Experience with automated UI and web service testing
- Experience with version control systems
- Ability to understand and participate in the product vision and feature definition process
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
Pay: $80.00 - $85.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Phoenix, AZ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- C#.NET and/or Java: 10 years (Required)
- management: 5 years (Preferred)
- cloud migration: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person