IEM, Troy, NY – Robotics Engineer
You will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on embedded software design and implementation by doing embedded programming and system integration. You may be involved in new product design, system design, and software design for the integration of embedded systems into large-scale applications. This is a full-time opening for an innovative person to be involved in the entire process of research and product development cycles for current and upcoming projects.
To join our design group, you must have:
- B.S.C.S. or B.S.E.E. or equivalent technical experience
- Strong background in embedded programming and signal processing is a must
- Excellent know-how of sensors, microcontrollers, A2D converters, and other hardware components used in embedded programming
- Excellent Programming Skills (C/C++, etc.)
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language aimed towards scientific computing (viz, Matlab, Python)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with embedded software coding and debugging
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly with a highly motivated and self-starter working style
- Aptitude to design, prototype, build, and test new sensor-embedded products for commercialization
- Experience in programming microcontrollers
- Hands-on development using digital system single-board computers
- Familiarity with Software Engineering design principles - project life cycle, source control (Git), Agile, etc. Some experience with unit testing and regression testing
- Experience with programming in the Linux environment
- Familiarity with socket programming, routers, network programming, and network configuration
- Experience working with C/C++ libraries such as STL, Boost, OpenCV, MATLAB, and/or Labview.
- Desirable to have some experience with statistical data analysis, machine learning, and data science
- Prior working experience in machine vision
- Ability to interact with mechanical and electrical engineers. Ability to read electronics schematics and mechanical drawings
- Excellent writing skills, record keeping, and documentation keeping skills: specification creation, test output documentation, design documentation, final reports, block diagrams, simple schematics, etc.
- Ability to provide project oversight
- Familiarity with the C#, .NET framework, and Visual Studio
- Three+ years of related experience in one or more of the above areas
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Ideal candidates will work in multiple environments as needed, both as an individual and team contributor, and will likely include some hands-on work in labs, industrial, and outside field environments. An ability to occasionally travel to customer sites is preferred.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $65,000 - $85,000 annually commensurate with experience
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Aflac insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account Paid time off
- 8-hour shift Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person at IEM Headquarters in Troy, NY
Visit our website at http://www.iem.net to find out more about us!