Sr. Application Developer, .NET
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As a Technology Engineer/Developer at Aetna, you will be a member of a team that maintains and enhances the provider contract and pricing functions that support our claim adjudication and provider payment functions. The Technology Engineer/ Developer will work in an Agile scrum team environment, in close collaboration with business partners, product owners, architecture and other IT partners.
- Develop and maintain mainframe, web.net applications according to customer specifications and requirements
- Participate in contract and pricing requirement gathering, solutioning and design sessions
- Work as part of a team to ensure solutions are designed to fully function in an integrated application suite
- Design and develop solutions that can grow to meet future demand
- Perform thorough unit and integration testing, and support QA testing and deployment activities
- Monitor systems to ensure that they are functioning properly
- All development is complimented by thorough documentation
- Stay current with the latest trends in the industry
- Closely interact with project managers, business analysts, solution architecture and other developers, both locally and remote
- 3+ years of experience with the following (preferably 5+ years):
- Mainframe, utilizing several of the following technologies: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, SQL, or similar source control application.
- Web Development using .Net Framework, Angular and Azure Cloud
- Software design principles and software architecture
- Agile delivery methodologies
- Strong capabilities and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritizing business impact and urgency
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver projects
- Being a self-starter, who takes initiative with challenging situations
- Experience with IDMS, TSOE, File Aid, MQ, QMON, QMF
- Exposure to working with APIc and IIB.
- Experience with Provider Contract Automation
- Experience with mainframe modernization/transformation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with large-scale offshore vendor support arrangements
- Healthcare experience two or more of these areas:
- Provider data management
- Provider Contracting and Pricing
- Understanding of medical service codes and rate schedules
- Claim Adjudication
- Customer Case Installation and Customer data management
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
The typical pay range for this role is:$94,500.00 - $196,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.