Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies®. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, we’ll give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools you’ll need to succeed, no matter what stage you’re at in your career. You’ll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
As a Technology team member, you’re empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve life’s most complex moments. You’ll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in system administration
- 3 years of programming experience
- 3 years of experience with Visual Basic or PowerShell
- Experience with Visual Basic and PowerShell
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of various programming languages, such as .Net and C#
As an Application Engineer, you'll be responsible for configuring software functions and activities for web-based, internally hosted applications.
- Design, develop, test and implement application changes
- Implement, configure and manage multiuser systems
- Improve and automate processes, including data retrieval
- Maintain the integrity and functionality of applications
- Develop automation scripts and programs to remove manual system configuration
- Analyze, evaluate and propose application changes to business sponsors and application end users
- Understand the details of each managed system and educate end users on best practices
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2022, named #5 on People Magazine’s Companies That Care List in 2022 and recognized as #7 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.