Build Release Sr. Engineer - Eng 4, SW Development Engineering - Mobile Development
Responsible for translating code into user-friendly applications. Collaborates with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications while working in a fast-paced environment. Develops application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality while keeping up to date with terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
We are seeking a Sr. Build Engineer to join our Entertainment Technology group, which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile, web, and connected TV experiences that are used by millions of customers each and every day. On our team, we value close collaboration between engineers, product managers, QA, design, and other groups across the organization. This role will be responsible for improving the process by which builds get packaged, customized for syndication partners, distributed for testing, and deploy to the app stores/production environments across multiple platforms.
- Coordinate and manage large scale consumer facing application releases across multiple platforms. Starting with iOS, tvOS, Android, Fire TV and eventually web and Connected TV platforms
- Work with the DevSecOps teams to make sure that build deployment solutions are secure and compliant with corporate policies
- Manage build dependencies and third-party SDK integration
- Constantly evaluate and improve the CI/CD pipeline through collaboration with client developers and test automation engineers
- Oversee distributions lists and build delivery through TestFlight and MS App Center for Beta and UAT testing
- Integrate build system hooks with other collaboration tools: Slack, JIRA, etc
- Maintain and update physical build servers as well as cloud implementations
- Assist in managing app store presence by working through build uploads and any feedback or issues related to submission and certification
- Deliver builds and release notes to Comcast’s syndication partners
Attributes for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software development or build engineering
- Familiarity with iOS and Android app store processes and guidelines
- Strong understanding of build and test automation tools and processes. Prior involvement with Concourse or Github Actions is a plus.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- Experience with the full software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, operations, and maintenance
- Passion or interest in video streaming applications
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.