Engineering Piping Associate
TEAM INDUSTRIES INC.
Title: Engineering Piping Associate
Department(s): Piping Engineering
Reports to: Engineering – Piping Managers and Assistant Managers
General Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for performing drafting duties for piping projects incorporating the applicable details and project related requirements to shop fabrication drawings.
Summary of Major Responsibilities/Duties:
The position shall consist of but not be limited to the following:
- Create shop fabrication piping drawing check prints (spools) ensuring the input of drawing related information is accurate to the project specifications, requirements, and applicable details.
- Back correct checked redline spool drawings ensuring all the necessary research and/or calculations have been made prior to agreeing with the checkers redlined markups.
- Perform drafting revisions that correspond to customer changes.
- Sketch customer piping drawings utilizing Hexagon Intergraph SmartPlant Isometrics when necessary.
- Process spool drawings in an order that corresponds to the customer's priority and/or delivery dates.
- Read Team’s project set-up notes, Team’s configuration file(s) and any applicable purchase orders, specifications, or other project related documents to ensure full project scope is defined and adhered to.
- Ensure all fabrication code requirements (e.g., B31.1, B31.3) and Team’s standard practices are being followed.
- Effectively use SyteLine (CloudSuite Industrial) features such as filters, exports, imports to efficiently access and manipulate data.
- Coordinate with Project Management Department, Engineering Managers, Engineering Project
Team members and other departments in a timely and accurate exchange of project related information/data.
- Participate in internal and customer related meetings for projects, as necessary.
- Communicate with customers as required via Team’s Request For Information (RFI) system, through conference calls and email correspondence when necessary.
- Address any project related questions from customers, project managers, engineering project team members or any other departments.
- Perform flexible contribution for all aspects of the Engineering – Piping process including minor checking efforts, minor material take-off efforts, revisions or any other engineering duties as required to support project team deadlines and objectives.
- Regularly communicate the status of workload with the piping project team to promote consistent drawing production flow through all stages of engineering.
- Work closely with the Project Team Lead to safeguard against any issues that may be impacting the project schedule.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Skillful note taker.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Shall be punctual.
- Shall be focused on first pass work quality.
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to evaluate information quickly and carefully to solve problems.
- The ability to handle a high stress, challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to keep track of schedules and project needs across multiple projects.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work through issues with project team members to ensure a win-win outcome.
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to work with project teams.
- Has exceptional spatial skills.
- Has experience with orthographic and isometric projections.
- Shall possess advanced computer skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and drafting skills associated to software such as AutoCAD and/or
- The ability to quickly navigate a computer and software platforms by utilizing quick keys, shortcuts, filters, queries, etc.
- Should be able to automate software processes utilizing VBA macros, .net programming or other scripting techniques to enhance and automate the software tools provided.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. The ability to use advanced features and perform advanced formulas including but not limited to lookups, tables, pivot tables, macros, scripts, charts, graphs, etc.
- Acquires knowledge of Team’s Standard Operating Procedures and engineering’s Team’s
Standard Practices incorporating said procedures into department processes.
- The ability to read, interpret and apply client scopes of work and specification requirements.
- The ability to read, interpret and apply industry fabrication codes and standard requirements.
Experience and Education Desired but not necessary:
- Previous experience in similar roles or position preferred.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college in an Engineering related field or equivalent of related experience and/or training.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) training.
- Basic Office Equipment: e.g., multiline phone, computer, copier, fax, scanner, etc.
To be determined. Commensurate with experience.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions, and Work Environment:
Indicate how often the following physical demands are required to perform the Essential job
C*=Constantly F=Frequently O=Occasionally R*=Rarely
(5-8 hrs/shift) (2-5 hrs/shift) (Up to 2 hrs. /shift) (Does not exist as regular part of job)
Physical Demands Environmental Conditions
Standing R Extreme Cold R
Walking R Extreme Heat R
Sitting C Temperature Changes R
Lifting R Wet R
Carrying R Humid R
Pushing R Noise R
Pulling R Vibration R
Climbing R Hazards R
Balancing R Atmospheric Conditions R
Stooping R Other (define): NA
Handling R Little Physical Effort – 10lbs R or less
Grasping R Light Work – up to 20lbs R
Feeling R Medium Work – up to 50lbs R
Talking O Heavy Work – up to 100lbs R
Hearing F Very Heavy Work – above R
Repetitive Motions O
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination F
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
___R___Steel Toe Work Boots
___R___Other PPE’s (explain)
All TEAM employees are required to follow all of TEAM’s safety policies and procedures for their safety and the safety of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
Work Location: In person