.NET Developer (must have Azure or Angular experience)
If you have read my job descriptions before, welcome back. If you are new, welcome to the party....you will notice that I like to add humor to my job descriptions...so you will see (hopefully) some chuckles as you read this.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tom. I am Partner VP at RSM Solutions, Inc. and I have been recruiting technical talent for over 21 years (it was 21 in January 2023) and been in the tech sector since the 1990s. Due to this, I am going to be more interested in 'fit' than anything else...a fit for you and a fit for the client.
For this role, social fit is almost as important as the technical fit. So, what creates a good 'social fit' here? Well, I am glad you asked...here are some of those characteristics:
- This is an environment where it is far better to be vocal and share if you are stuck as well...as opposed to trying to figure things out for the next few days. No one will chastise you for not being able to figure out an issue. Everyone here works together and everyone is happy to help their fellow developers.
- This is not a role for a 'Rockstar'... The only Rockstar's I know are named Page and Plant...if you can rock on to some Stairway, then maybe you are a rockstar. The reason I mention this is that this is not an environment with huge egos or a lot of drama...if you believe the world revolves around you, you probably should continue being an 'Instagram Influencer'.
- It seems that a lot of job descriptions will say 'fast paced environment', or 'ability to multi task'...I roll my eyes when I see that and I bet you do as well. So, I won't state those here. However, if you have a keen understanding of that Pareto principle (that 80 / 20 rule) you will be off to a great start here. Their is a saying with these guys 'when everything is urgent, nothing is urgent'... So, that keen understanding of what is really important (that 20% that creates 80% of the value) will be needed here. Yep, you will only learn that over time here...so, no one expects you to know all this on day 1.
This is a Permanent, fully benefitted role.
I can only work with US Citizens and Green Card Holders for this role. I cannot work with H1, OPT or EAD Visa Holders for this role.
We are only looking to work with candidates that are within driving distance to Oak Brook, Illinois (800 Jori Boulevard, Suite 200). We are, in addition, only looking to work with candidates that can be onsite in Oak Brook a minimum of 2 days a week.
Here is what we are seeking: We are seeking a .net developer (C# and ASP.Net) that also has a mix of Angular and Azure (Azure Service Fabric Service Bus). If you have a little less Angular and a little more Azure (or visa-versa), then that would work as well. What we are looking for is breath of experience as opposed to a ton of depth in just one discipline (a generalist, you might say). If, for example, you have a solid understanding of how Asynchronous Programming works, that would be great to see. In addition to all this, we are looking for solid Sql skills (Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc).
This is a role for someone with 3 or more years of experience...so, we aren't seeking a super senior person for this role. Instead, for this role, we are seeking someone more mid-level that will work with IT Management, PM's and BA's with regard to requirements gathering and following their (IT Management, PM's and BA's) guidance on developing applications. This is the kind of role one might take as the next step after your first .net role.
Here are some of the key responsibilities (I won't bore you with the 'works well with others' type stuff):
- Assist PM's with regard to gathering data and requirements as well as application support. We are seeking that individual that wants to 'learn it all' as opposed to the person that 'knows it all' for this role.
- Prepare reports outlining systems and revisions to those systems (those systems are primarily developed in C#, ASP.Net and VB.Net).
- Design, code, implement and extend additional functionality to existing applications. You will also be working on new apps you develop as well.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and errors with existing systems.
- Conducting staff training (presentations and so on) on applications that are being developed and support of those applications as well.
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings by providing appropriate and constructive feedback...well, we all know that destructive feedback is not a good thing (attempt at humor).
- Accurately maintain code in Team Foundation Services (TFS), appropriately documenting and commenting check-in and merge activities.
- Support QA, UAT, and integration testing efforts, including test case execution when necessary. You are probably seeing a trend here...that ability to collaborate with your team mates is needed here...no one exists in vacuum here.
- This is a role for a 'problem solver'...as opposed to someone that just 'does what they are told'...so, that ability to look at things from the point of view of 'what problem are we trying to solve, and then work backward from there' will be needed for success here.
Here are the requirements:
- At least 3 or more years of VB.Net, C# and ASP.Net development experience with applications you have developed from start to finish. This should also include experience with .net Core if you have it. This experience will need to be in a professional environment as opposed to academic.
- At least some experience with Angular. I don't need an absolute ton of it, but if you have written an app that had an Angular component, that would be spot on with what we are seeking (be sure to have this mentioned in your resume).
- Experience with fun stuff like Azure Service Fabric, Azure Service Bus (be sure to have this mentioned in your resume). If you have more Angular than Azure or visa-versa, that would be fine as well.
- Any experience with SSRS would be great to see...the zombie apocalypse wont happen if you don't have this, thought.
- Any experience building scalable API's would be great to see.
- An understanding of how Sql behaves would be great to see.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oak Brook, IL 60523