Sr. Software Engineer
Nation Safe Drivers has been in business for 60 years and offers the rare opportunity to earn ownership stocks! With a stellar reputation as an industry leader in the Automotive Industry and one of the finest places to work in South Florida, we are excited about expanding our team. Our beautiful State-of-the-Art Corporate Headquarters is located in the heart of Boca Raton's thriving business park district. Employees are valued at NSD and enjoy a fun corporate culture, a supportive leadership team and excellent benefits.
Our engineering team is growing and we are looking for Sr. Software Engineers to join our team to design, develop, and test software applications, services, and components. Work on enterprise software solutions, service integrations, User Interface (UI) and data. Work with Agile methodologies, to enable and enhance application refactoring, security, performance tuning and code reviews. Work with team members to complement and complete software development processes. Collaborate with team members, architects, and product development team to deliver software products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing code (ASP, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, VB.NET, React, Angular, and C #)and implementing computer programs on multiple systems in the business.
- Reviewing user request for software changes and adjustments necessary to keep them running well.
- Building and using reporting assisted software engineering tools to automate some coding.
- Performing all requirements needed for the implementation of automated computer systems from start to finishuUsing code libraries to simplify the writing of code collaborating with software developers in the creation of programs for their organization
- Participate in agile methodologies to plan the work, act as a team player and collaborate with rest of the business.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years of application development
- Core Skills Required to support legacy systems: ASP, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, VB.NET and C #
- Azure Function Apps
- An understanding of synchronous vs asynchronous (Promises, async/await, general understanding of topic)
- GraphQL (only in widespread use in a few apps, Provider Qore, Dispatch Qore)
- Postman/API Testing
- Unit Testing (Jest or other frameworks)
- Agile Scrum
- SQL (T-SQL/MS Sql Server)
- Application Insights (or some other APM solution)
- Growth Mindset
- Collaborative problem-solving ability and self-motivated
- Understanding of Agile concepts and Scrum methodologies
What NSD will provide:
- Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Vision and Disability Options as well as Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days, Holidays and PTO. Pet Insurance too!
- Competitive compensation and a family-friendly work schedule
- Excellent Corporate Culture: Social Events, Recognition Luncheons, Family Days, and Holiday Celebrations
- Long-standing reputation for promoting from within -- great opportunity for a promising career path
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Very supportive Leadership Team that provides all the resources you need to succeed
This position is available for immediate hire! Please note that all positions are full-time and on-site.
**NSD maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nation Safe Drivers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote