Our employees tell us that Carl's Place is the best place they've ever worked. Here are some of the ways we've earned those glowing reviews:
- Provide free lunch, snacks, and drinks to fuel you through the workday.
- Help you improve your golf game with simulators on site. Only the cool companies have them.
- Help you improve your bowling game with lanes on site. See the comment above about cool companies.
- Encourage a casual dress code. All the best work gets done in comfy clothes.
- Arrange fun initiatives like Dog Friday, where you can bring your pup to work and have an extra coworker for the day.
Since 2006, Carl’s Place has been creating, innovating, and giving people what they want: high-quality screens for indoor and outdoor use, bringing entertainment of all sorts to the world. Now Carl’s Place has expanded beyond screens to sell Golf Simulators and all the accessories needed to make a dream indoor golf setup a reality.
About the role:
In this role, you will use coding languages and protocols to compose and test software programs and applications to meet user needs and specifications.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Technology Software Engineering and applicable stakeholders to assess usability needs, business requirements, and specifications for the requested program or feature.
- Programs applications and software to meet identified needs.
- Coordinates with manager to ensure timelines are met.
- Performs diagnostic testing on programs, which may include reading code or running diagnostic software to detect syntax or logic errors.
- Self-diagnose and test code logic, correct bugs, and anticipate logic gaps.
- Facilitates installation of software; monitors performance and effectiveness after installation.
- Provides ongoing training and assistance to end users on the effective use of applications and programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience object-oriented programming in a major OOP like C# is preferred
- Programming within a Windows environment
- Familiarity with relational databases; PostgresQL experience a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, agile development environment
- Experience with and familiarity of version control and collaboration tools such as Git
- ERP systems
- UI/UX design/graphic design
- Deploying solutions to production
- Using a content delivery network (CDN) to deploy products and updates to end users
- Utilizing data science resources and methodologies
- .NET framework experience
- Building mobile applications (Xamarin)
- Building desktop applications (WPF/UWP)
- .NET 6+ framework (MAUI)
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field a plus
- One year of related work experience is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milton, WI 53563: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person