API Integrated Engineer
Position: APIIntegration Engineer III - Market Place
Location: Charlotte NC or Remote
Reports to: Manager IT
This role is for a full stack developer, with B2B or B2C marketplace API experience, who will assist with the design, construction, and maintenance of solutions that support the integration of these marketplace platforms with AMain’s eCommerce / fulfillment systems. This is an onsite role based in Charlotte, NC however we will consider hybrid/remote for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with business analysts, architects, and other software developers, participate in projects to construct and support AMain’s marketplace integration initiatives.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, construction, testing, implementation, and support.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles, utilizing established standards, while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Proactively and continuously learn all aspects of the AMain software platform architecture.
- Become a subject matter expert on AMain’s marketplace / eCommerce business processes and data flows.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and advancements in marketplace vendor technologies, compliance policies, and related tools, in order to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Provide second-level support to the user community by monitoring and timely responding to service support issues.
- Create and refine the appropriate technical documentation for any solutions developed.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent with 7+ years of experience in a range of software engineering roles.
- Experience developing software with the ability to create and maintain code from initial design to release.
- Knowledge of RESTful / SOAP API creation, usage, and integrations, including JSON / XML manipulation.
- Experience utilizing Amazon’s MWS / SP-API services or eBay’s Marketplace Developers Program.
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design principles, design patterns and software architectures.
- Skillful knowledge of current .NET technologies, utilizing C# and Web API.
- Experience developing relational database solutions utilizing MySQL version 5.7 or higher, including experience in queries, stored procedures, triggers, and database design. Experience with NoSQL systems such as Couchbase is a plus.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments, including Git.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Enjoys collaboration with other professionals and the user community.
- Demonstrates Critical Thinking, when evaluating ideas, approaches, and information. Can clearly explain end-to-end solutions and rationale for a chosen approach.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and diligently, without close supervision. Well organized, with the ability to adapt to changing business requirements.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with API evaluation / testing tools, such as Postman, Swagger, and SoapUI.
- Experience developing applications using PHP.
- Knowledge of batch files and scripting.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft O365 platform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Requires close vision at 20 inches or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- software engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
- B2B: 5 years (Preferred)
- B2C Marketplace: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Charlotte, NC 28273