Domain Data Services Manager
A reasonable salary expectation is between $134,804.80 - $171,870.40, based upon experience and internal equity.
This position is on a hybrid work schedule. (Mon Fri - remote, Tues - Thurs onsite in Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
Under the direction of the Director of Solutions Delivery, the Manager of Domain Data Services will lead and manage Data Professionals to enable business executives to make data-driven decisions. The Manager will run day to day operations of the development team to support domain teams in accessing all IEHP data accurately and instantly. This manager will also help implement the vision, strategy, and roadmap of the Solution Delivery department.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Extend and innovate our data and analytics capabilities.
2. Work collaboratively with business units and stream-aligned teams to understand objectives, translate them into scalable solutions, and appropriately prioritize and execute.
3. Develop and/or implement tools and platforms for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets.
4. Define data management best practices.
5. Explore, model, mine, and experiment with data to answer critical business issues.
6. Keep abreast of new and current data science techniques and technologies as relating to Data Mesh/Data Fabric architectures.
7. Implement IEHP's data management strategy in support of enterprise reporting and analytics including management of the data technology stack.
8. Provide managerial, coaching, and technical expertise regarding the daily operations of staff.
9. Manage and implement guidelines; recommend changes to maintain consistency with the mission of department objectives.
10. Define and track service metrics and work with staff to meet business needs and service standards.
11. Implement appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensure adherence to the process; efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
12. Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
13. Anticipate future demands of initiatives and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
14. Lead fast moving development team using Agile methodologies.
15. Lead by example, role-modeling best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting and incident response.
16. Develop an intimate understanding of how IEHP's enterprise data is used by team members and systems.
17. Standardize data transformations to expose data to business teams in an intuitive manner.
18. Ensure compliance and timeliness of all Federal and State regulatory requirements.
Leader: Administers Hires, Terminations, and Performance Reviews
Ten (10) years of experience with Data Management best practices. Experience with data integration tools like Informatica and Talend. Experience with database planning and design. Proven leadership experience, mentoring, and developing a team at a leadership level.
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering from an accredited institution required.
Drivers License Required
Yes, must have a valid California Driver's License.
- Current business practices and computing systems, IT development methodologies and operations.
- Program and project management and planning, process mapping.
- Complex heterogeneous technologies and the ability to synthesize new technical information into existing structures.
Strong understanding of:
- Healthcare Payer systems.
- Data Mesh/ Data Fabric Architecture
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence. Strong at planning, organizing, recruiting, and managing IT staff.
Ability to present to senior management. Ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with the willingness to listen to alternative points of view. Ability to conduct meetings with business executives, partners, and peers. Ability to lead during times of change, disruption, and growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $134,804.80 - $171,870.40 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Data management: 10 years (Required)
- Healthcare IT: 3 years (Required)
- .NET: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730