This job is no longer available
Client System Administrator
Corpus Christi, TX
Junior, Senior level
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our employees are family.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Please review the job information below.
Driscoll Health System is seeking a dedicated Client System Administrator to support our growing operation throughout South Texas. Join our team of skilled technical services professionals and play a crucial role in managing an intricate, modern, and highly dynamic infrastructure.
The Client System Administrator at Driscoll Health System will play a crucial role in maintaining servers and workstations across various operating systems, security tools, and applications. This position involves performing installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of assigned systems while ensuring data, server, and network security. The Client System Administrator will also manage user access and maintain related records, provide support for server and desktop technologies, and ensure adherence to IT security, user access, and configuration policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under minimal guidance, the Client System Administrator will perform varied and sometimes complex tasks, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM/SCCM), Intune, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) environments and MDM (Mobile Device Management) infrastructure
- Developing MECM packages to deploy new/updated software and configurations
- Building and maintaining hardware and software inventory and configuration baselines, including security updates, software versions, hotfixes, patches, etc.
- Performing In-Place Upgrades as necessary for servers and workstations
- Creating and administering advertisements, programs, collections, and custom reports in MECM
- Administering MECM/Intune software delivery through various methods, such as advertised programs, machine targeted, user targeted, application library, and Software Center
- Troubleshooting failed MECM deployments and resolving MECM health issues
- Managing and administering client health and ensuring clients are in a healthy state
- Modifying, deploying, and troubleshooting third-party packaging and package installs
- Leveraging group policy to customize installation package behavior, restrict OS features, and enhance workstation security
- Creating builds of products for testing and production purposes
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve and automate configuration processes
- Driving the development and maintenance of automation tools
- Identifying, communicating, and implementing changes to processes and procedures
- Training employees in building updates, deployment procedures, and gathering feedback during rollouts
- Performing other related tasks as needed
Education and/or Experience:
A combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
Required qualifications and experience:
- An associate degree and/or applicable technical certification(s) (CompTIA, Microsoft, Citrix)
- Two (2) to eight (8) years technical experience
- Experience installing and configuring end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripherals
- Experience troubleshooting user issues with, and/or provide technical assistance and product support / setup for, operating system and/or common application functionality (e.g., customer issues with Microsoft Office product use, email set-up, browser functionality, printer set-up, and network drive mapping to name a few)
- Experience installing patches and/or modify client system configurations to protect against identified vulnerabilities (e.g., applying security technical implementation guide (STIG) and/or commercial vendor security updates / patches)
- Experience maintaining peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, and scanners
- Ability to work service requests, tasks, and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Windows 10+, MacOS 11+, iOS, and Android
- Mobile device management (MDM) Mobile application management (MAM) concepts and policies
- Microsoft Windows Server including debugging and Sysinternals tools
- Experience administering Microsoft Core Infrastructure technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, and DNS
- Advanced SCCM and Windows Patch Management experience, including knowledge of the management and application of updates to Windows operating systems
- Citrix technologies such as XenApp and NetScaler
- VMware technologies such as VMware Horizon View, ESXi, and vSphere
- Networking concepts (load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS) and troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, command line)
- Cybersecurity concepts such as vulnerability and risk assessment, security controls, confidentiality, and incident recovery
- Imprivata One Sign administration
- Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, or Cisco certifications are a plus
Join the Driscoll Health System as a Client System Administrator and become a valuable member of our talented technical operations team. With a modern and dynamic infrastructure, this position offers an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills, expand your knowledge, and contribute to the success of the Driscoll Health System in providing healthcare to the children of South Texas.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
30+ days ago