Staff Software Engineer (CA or IA)
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 71423
Location Flexibility (Irvine CA or Cedar Rapids, IA)
The Software Engineering group in the Mobile Solutions Division develops a wide variety of internal applications to support the design, test, and performance analysis of leading-edge analog hardware devices for the Cellular/Mobile device industry. We work directly with all engineering disciplines within Skyworks and receive continuous feedback throughout the development cycle. This enables us to move quickly while keeping the success rate high for each project. You will help guide the direction of the Software Engineering team, from the tools we work on, to the development methodology and the tech stack employed.
- Company-wide solutions used across many Skyworks sites
- High-level automation for hardware testing and performance analysis
- Graphical analysis tools and automated report generation
- Flexible GUIs for complex feature sets, with an emphasis on ease of use
- Convert .NET desktop programs to web-based applications
- Gather specifications, architect, design, implement, test, and maintain a software project through entire life cycle
- Work with hardware engineers to develop requirements
- Participate in code reviews and issue tracking
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines for all tools
- Mentoring new grads and interns
- Write documentation for users and provide training on tool usage
Current Tech Stack
- C# in Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- BSCE/BSEE or Computer Science degree and 8 years of experience, or MS and 6 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Experience with web development, including modern frontend frameworks
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Electrical/hardware experience is a plus
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is currently USD $108,500 - $206,400 per year. Starting base pay will depend on relevant experience and skills, training and education, business needs, market demands, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different base pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S. Benefits include access to healthcare benefits (including a premium-free medical plan option), a 401(k) plan and company match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid time off (including vacation, sick/wellness, parental leave), among others. Employees are eligible to participate in an incentive plan, and certain roles are also eligible for additional awards, including recognition and stock. These incentives and awards are based on individual and/or company performance.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Segment: Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Testing, Engineer, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
29 days ago