Senior Systems Engineer
SAIC is seeking an Information Technology (IT) based Systems Engineer (SETA) for a position supporting a Federal Government customer. The successful applicant will exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise on a variety of Systems Engineering topics (e.g., requirements, configuration management, readiness, verification and validation, etc.) to deliver continuity of effort, demonstrate value-added judgment, and advise the government on program activities. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives associated with IT infrastructure provisioning.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Operate proactively with ability to lead and execute project engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation
- Serve as customer interface and advocate, affording cross-functional technical and relationship management to ensure mission success while maximizing service adoption
- Proactively perform as an organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance while assisting the culture shift toward standardized IT service deliveries
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Educate consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities
- Understand relationship between the customer’s delivery schedules and IT service roadmaps
- Perform as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps to support customer mission architecture
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Bachelors in a STEM related field and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters in STEM and sixteen (16) or more years experience
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance with Poly
- Must be US Citizen
- Experiences with Intelligence Community (IC) infrastructure is a needed
- PMP is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.