SAIC is seeking a Technical Lead (Supervisor) to support the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) as part of the Department of Navy (DoN) team charged with implementing the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) / Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Due Diligence process.
Job duties include:
- In coordination with ONI, Naval Intelligence Activity (NIA) Office of Commercial and Economic Analysis-Navy (OCEA-N), and Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) support, develop, and contribute to the comprehensive review of SBIR/STTR proposals and associated vendors. The expected workload requires 2,000 reviews and written inputs per year.
- Oversee the due diligence process for the ONI team and ensure that final write-ups and input are conducted and received in a timely manner.
- Manage a team of due diligence experts including counterintelligence analyst, science technology analysts, and all-source analyst. Management includes assigning tasks, providing feedback, and ensure that team members meet schedule and performance objectives.
- Develop and implement policy and procedures to ensure that the due diligence process is transparent, accountable, and effective.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic guidance
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies including IC-wide directives or strategies
- Manage budgets and resources for the team to ensure that the team meets program objectives and intent
- Monitor and report on program performance
- Assist in creating standard flow processes for ONI/NCIS analytic efforts (lessons learned from initial phase roll out of SBIR) / quality assurance
- Look for potential links and updates needed between SBIR/STTRs and CPTL.
- Create SOP/Best Practices for ONI/NCIS analytic process (as needed).
- Identify any potential topics drawn from processed information for strategic assessment and work with ONI and/or NCIS to develop for wide dissemination FINTEL production.
- Support FOCI related activities and assessments inherent in other ONI technology transfer analytic efforts.
- As a member of the DoN SBIR/STTR Due Diligence Team responsible for developing and coordinating procedures for assessing Navy SBIR/STTR requests. Prepare analytical reports, make assessments, and manage case closures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an additional Ten (10) years of professional experience, including management experience
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience supporting DoD and/or IC
- Experience with SBIR/STTR
- Experience with various types of intelligence collection and analytic processes and methodologies
- Thorough understanding of how intelligence and counterintelligence information about threats and vulnerabilities to defense systems can be incorporated into assessments of acquisition program information.
- Ability to work both independently and with personnel from multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work from high-level, limited and evolving guidance to produce timely and effective results is highly desirable
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.