Senior Software Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Developer to support Army Unmanned Systems (UAS) simulations for the Joint Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
This role is a team lead position requiring a self-starter who can bridge teams to solve problems and provide guidance to other software developers. Candidate will work within the JSIL’s UAS Center of Excellence decomposing requirements from Hardware in the Loop UAS systems and collaborating with manifold teams of subject matter experts to support the Warfighter’s need for solutions.
- Requirements analysis, design, software development and testing
- Design and develop simulation software in an agile scrum environment
- Work with multiple contractors and team partners to continuously deliver value to our customers
- Candidate will review, verify and validate system specifications and other design-related documentation
- Support architectural design and analyze customer requirements
- Software development implementing detailed object-oriented analysis and design
- Support unit and component test cases for inclusion in the Continuous Integration/Deployment pipeline
- Work with other teams/team members to resolve technical issues that may arise during development and testing
Required Education Experience:
- Bachelors degree with five (5) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship; must be able to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design (OOP/OOD) experience
- Working knowledge of agile/ scrum practices and DevSecOps methodology
- Familiar with STANAG-4586 protocol
- UAS control software experience preferred
- Strong background in mathematics and computer science, including experience developing software to defined standards and processes
- Experience in requirements traceability
- Strong ability to manage backlogs for software teams
- Able to review system and subsystem specifications and interface documentation for completeness, accuracy, and applicability
- Strong communication skills and must be a self-starter able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- TCP/IP/UDP network communications experience
- Experience working with Redhat/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with distributed simulation, Army tactical systems, 6-DOF (6 Degrees of Freedom), Motion Models, and/or Flight Models
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.