Data Integration Architect
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program currently has an opening for a Data Integration Architect supporting the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). This individual will be instrumental in engineering and leading the Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) initiative for the Systems Integrity Office (SIO).
Vanguard 2.2.1 deploys, maintains and integrates multiple enterprise systems for various IRM organizations. These systems range from commercial-of-the-shelf to homegrown and are distributed throughout the wide area network.
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties
- Prototype and implement data schemas
- Create database tables, views, functions, stored procedures and jobs
- Connect to various data sources to read, import and or export data
- Create scripts to combine and or transform data
- Evaluate and enforce data integrity
- Visualize data
- Integrate data into various frontend applications
- Create flat files
- Implement and secure applications
- Support cybersecurity requirements (e.g. ATO process)
Required Education Experience
- 14 years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, CS, Information Management or related technical field; additional 5 years IT experience in lieu of degree
- 5 or more years of experience in configuration management of IT network and server systems
- 3 or more years of experience analyzing network management performance and capacity data
- 5 or more years of experience software developer, at least 3 of which are supporting a Windows environment (e.g., .NET Framework, C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience with a relational database management system such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Demonstrated experience with information and data architecture to include, processing of structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with standard data models and the transformation of data between them is essential
- Experience identifying system requirements along with designing and implementing solutions
- US Citizenship
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Desired Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Familiarity with minor application security and the NIST Framework in support of securing the application and supporting the Authority to Operate (ATO) process
- Experience with extracting/populating data in database through scripted and/or programming interface
- Familiarity with typical IT configuration terminology and functionality including device types, manufacturer name/model, hostnames, IP addresses, circuit types and parameters, server applications (Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, Citrix, etc.), site/building/room/rack location information, etc.
- Practical experience with relational database design and architecture including primary/child keys, normalization, and distributed database architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIP’s and the ability to comprehend complex or technical information
- Strong organizational skills; ability to support multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.