SAIC is seeking a Web Developer to be a member of the Software Engineering team in support of the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command J6 mission. The Web Developer is responsible for design, development and maintenance of software applications, autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and provide technical expertise. Determines user needs, programming techniques and controls requirement, prepares operating instructions and user guide. Ensures development meets software standards and security compliance.
- Developing web application, and providing custom software solutions
- Developing Stored Procedures for SQL Server databases.
- Deploy, and release web-based application systems as required
- Perform daily operations and maintenance tasks, to include maintaining web servers and sites, troubleshooting issues, responding to service desk ticket escalations, and debugging and documenting legacy systems
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Extensive Web development experience using MVC, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, HTML, JQuery, and AngularJS
- Extensive experience with SQL server, and TSQL
- Must be able to apply software development principles, concepts, and techniques including software design concepts, test methods, and integration practices
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design and n-tier development
- SQL Reporting Services experience desired
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools including Visio
- Desire experience with cloud architecture
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and BMC Remedy workflows for task management
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with stakeholders to define system requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a web developer, SharePoint developer, or software engineer
- CompTIA certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.