SAIC is hiring an Enterprise Architect at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Enterprise Architect searches, develops/documents, and analyzes enterprise, operational, and system architectures for Department of Defense (DOD) combatant command headquarters, develops DOD Architecture Framework (DODAF)-compliant views and associated data, and works with functional subject matter experts to collect and describe operational and system processes, nodes, activities, associated inputs, controls, outputs, and mechanisms.
- The Enterprise Architect shall prepare, staff, and publish formal Command architecture documents, produce architecture development plans and reports and conducts Strategic Architecture Branch staff actions (tasks, papers, briefings, etc.) as required.
- The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for researching, developing/documenting, and analyzing USCENTCOM architectures (including business/war-fighting/enterprise information environment/intelligence processes and information technology) to identify mission capability gaps, overlaps, and shortfalls; determines and recommends architectural, IT, or process solutions and researches and develops other architecture- related documents and plans as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent and 10 years related experience. Master's Degree is preferred.
- All positions on this contract are considered deployable. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
- Candidate will be required to have a current US Secret Clearance and eligibility for TS/SCI.
- Working knowledge of the DODAF and other key DOD architecture and strategic planning instructions. Working knowledge of DOD Architecture Repository System (DARS) is a plus.
- Production of DODAF-compliant war fighter domain architectures (e.g., logistics, joint training, force application, force management, force protection, and battle space awareness). Exposure to Cyberwarfare concepts is a plus.
- Possess Formal DOD architecture development education and/or equivalent architecture development experience.
- Must have experience using CASEWISE Enterprise Architecture tools.
- Working familiarity with architecture tools and modeling representations such as UML (i.e., Rational Rose, Telelogic System Architect, etc.) to model both Static and Dynamic relationships, with particular emphasis on the ability to produce complex and detailed reports and presentations using the tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint user capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral briefs to senior management. The candidate must be a strong team player with strong customer interface skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance and as a member of a team.
- Understand DOD language/terminology.
- Joint military experience (joint task force headquarters and/or higher)
- Experience using any of the following tools: Rational Rose, Popkin System Architect, Rational Requisite Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Access.
- Experience with Client-Server and Peer-to-Peer Service Architectures; Distributed Computing Environments; Working knowledge with Microsoft COM and/or .NET; Prototyping; software and systems engineering experience over the entire system/software development life cycle (experience with evolutionary, spiral, waterfall, etc. variations are all a plus);
- Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts, Design Patterns, and use of application frameworks; Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts, XML, SOAP,W3C standards;
- Familiarity with Enterprise and System Architecture, including the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF); Familiarity with DoD Net-Centric policies and mandates; Familiarity with Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Replication, Data Synchronization, and Data Engineering principles, including both Logical and Physical Data Modeling. Understanding of (and experience with) Formal Software Engineering Processes in an organization employing an implementation of the Software Engineering Institutes (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) at Level 3 or higher.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.