SAIC is looking for a talented Middleware Engineer to join our team at the DOT! As a Middleware Engineer, you will be integrated with Server, DB, and other teams and partner to deliver available and reliable infrastructure applications support for DOT’s application solutions.
Join the Middleware team to leverage the latest technologies from Docker, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, Red Hat, and VMware, in our IT environment that are critical to delivering DOT’s IT infrastructure services. Middleware Platform Engineers are responsible for supporting our legacy middleware footprint by establishing well-designed architecture and tooling to support feature functionality in a scalable, stable and well managed manner.
As a member of the middleware team, conduct troubleshooting, handling incidents and emergency response, managing risk, and increasing performance and efficiency. Work with business architects in developing middleware configurations based on requirements. Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware services.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to solution middleware problems while coordinating other subject-matter experts.
- 8 years of related experience providing business solutions engineering support.
- Possess experience with one or more of the following: Apache tomcat, Webserver, Oracle application server, Oracle SOA suite, PHP, Python, IBM Infosphere, node.js, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft IIS, and Redhat JBOSS application platform.
- US Citizen.
- Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance.
- Server administration as related to middleware applications.
- Understand and apply network skills (e.g., TCP/IP, port mapping, routing, DNS masking).
- Understanding of Oracle and SQL databases in physical and cloud environments as consumed and manipulated by middleware applications.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.