Frontend Software Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL at Redstone Arsenal.
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The NSITE team has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining the NSITE software application.
- Work on a small agile development team where success is defined by the ability to understand your path forward, effectively communicate that path, and complete the task inherent to that path in a timely matter.
- Research advancements in computer science and related fields to help steer the product toward long term success.
- Communicate with leadership and the customer to ensure a common understanding of requirements.
- Document your work for the benefit of your teammates, the user, leadership, and posterity.
- Identify and solve challenging problems by writing performant, clean, and practical code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent 5 years experience working with Software Design and Development. Six (6) years' experience may be accepted in lieu of degree (per contract vehicle).
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance or have the ability to obtain one; US Citizenship required.
- Proficient in C#, and in Microsoft .NET
- Proficient in WPF with MVVM patterns
- Ability to build an intuitive User Interface (UI)
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies
- Ability to analyze a requirement, generate a design, and produce efficient, robust, and testable software
- Ability to understand, and evaluate C# code and develop corresponding unit test(s)
- Mastery of computer science fundamentals, independent of a specific language
- Familiarity with WPF based control sets such as DevExpress, Telerik, or Infragistics
- Past experience of building applications with .NET using ASP.NET or Windows Forms.
- Familiarity with Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML).
- Understanding of and experience with secure programming techniques.
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links (specifically Link 16, JREAP, DIS, VMF, CMF and XML).
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with using Git version control, JIRA, and Gitlab as software management tools.
- Experience with InstallAware.
- Currently have an Information Assurance Technical certification (CompTia A+, Net+, or Sec+) or the ability to obtain one
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.