Back to list
Views:   0
Replies:  0
Archived
I just got the software about 2 weeks ago, and I also cannot log-in. The documentation says that the Membership is tied to the local machine.config SQLEXPRESS and there are access issues. I did manage to access the Product link but I still cannot log-in. I can access the aspnetdb thru Server Explorer, so my problem is not a connection issue. I manage access by changing the server to another instance of sqlexpress. I suggest you edit machine.config to the server you are using or maybe you can edit the membership connection string and create one similar to your server in the action server web.config. I am curious as to how you went about your membership API issue since your post was last November. As to another issue, I am getting this "A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll". I read somewhere in an MVC3 book that the reason they recommend IIS7 is because of some socket issues with VS web host.
Jan 11, 2012
Reply 1
Try to connect to the ASPNETDB.MDF using the Server Explorer. When you're successful, copy the connection string and add this to the web.config file and replace the LocalSqlServer connection string with your new added string. I made the Action solution worked by changing the connection to a new instance of SQL Express 2008 R2 and running it on the IIS Exprerss 7.0 host.
Alex B, Jan 11, 2012
Stay Inspired!
Join other developers and designers who have already signed up for our mailing list.
Terms     Privacy     Licensing       EULA       Sitemap      
© Data & Object Factory, LLC.
Made with    in Austin, Texas