Home  /  Questions  /  Question

50   50
Oct 03, 2013

Support for MVC 5 Asp.Net Identity?

Hi, could you tell me if you're planning to do a Spark version using MVC 5 Asp.Net Identity - as opposed to the current MVC 4 SimpleMembership example?

Thanks,
Adrian.

508   99.9
Oct 09, 2013
VS 2013 is currently not released, so we have not made any decisions on that yet.

Having said this, our goal is to always present the latest in .NET Patterns and Practices to our users.
So yes, in all likelihood, ASP.NET Identity will be included in the next release / upgrade. 

Hope this helps.
Jack

508   99.9
Oct 11, 2013
Here is a quick update to your question: 
Yes, we will support ASP.NET Identity in the next upgrade for VS 2013. 

Hope this helps. 
 3 comments

Hi Jack, Any idea on the next release date for Spark that will support ASP.NET Identity? Next 3mo/6mo/1yr? --- Stan Spilman  Oct 21, 2013

I was going to ask the same question before I ran across this post. I'm currently using the tech stack: VS2013/EF6/MVC5, and plan to use the new ASP.net Identity framework. --- Aaron Adams  Nov 08, 2013

Many of us in the users (DoFactory subscribers) group probably feel the same, it would be outstanding if DoFactory could keep up just a bit more on updates. Regarding VS2013/EF6/MVC5 and Identity related aspects with .NET 4.5 (even 4.5.1), most of us are rolling our own and then finding that we missed out on better opportunities with better patterns. Well, by then, we've had to release products. We all know--once coded--there needs to be a solid business decision to change--otherwise, you're stuck with the current design. Just hoping that this great product doesn't lose it's solid footing because of the consistent message I seem to see with responses (even after a year after a product beta release) like "we haven't began because a formal release is not out" or "not consistent with..." All in all, keep up the good work--just hoping that Do Factory maintains its leading edge. Thanks. --- Brian Kirkpatrick  Dec 06, 2013

50   50
Jun 26, 2015

I noticed no examples include ASP.NET Identity

Nothing in the documentation say anything about supporting Identity

I just see support for dotnetopenauth.

508   99.9
Jul 16, 2015
Adrain: 

Our upcoming VS 2015 / .NET 4.6 release will include support for ASP.NET Identity 3.0.
Hope this helps.

Jack
 1 comment

Can you give a rough time frame? 4th quarter? 1st quarter 16? --- Michael s  Sep 09, 2015