Home  /  Questions  /  Question

63   95.7
Jun 26, 2012

Any RESTful Design Patterns In Action?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has taken time to convert the Patterns In Action sample to use RESTful services?
If so can you share you experiences and perhaps offer a few pointers as to where changes are required?

Thanks in advance.
Martyn
 4 comments

We have the same problem, Mart. We are trying to modify the service layer but we do not know how things will go. Let us keep in touch. --- Richard Tiong  Jul 02, 2012

Hi Richard, I've been on holiday for 2 weeks so apologies for not replying sooner. How have you got on? Did you need to change the consuming repositories? --- Martyn Reid  Jul 12, 2012

Did you need to create a WADL? --- Martyn Reid  Jul 12, 2012

Hi Martyn, we are now thinking about the idea of using WebAPI. I just do not know if Dan will ever release a corresponding version of their framework. --- Richard Tiong  Aug 23, 2012

820   99.9
Jul 11, 2012
In the upcoming VS 2012 / .NET 4.5 release of the Design Pattern Framework we hope to address RESTful web services.

Dan
 2 comments

Thanks Dan, that is good to hear. Is there an estimated release timescale? --- Martyn Reid  Jul 12, 2012

Hey, Dan, now that 4.5 is released, where is your corresponding release of the framework? --- Richard Tiong  Aug 23, 2012